Beta Enrollment open. Take this course for free as a beta-tester! All you have to do is offer your brutally honest feedback on the course as you take it. You will get regular updates as we add or improve content, including exclusive "Behind The Scenes" updates. You are also invited yo join our private Facebook Group. Later we will be offering this as a paid course, the exact price is still to be determined, but you will get the final edition free for your participation. Join now and see your input help design the final product. Thank you!
ENROLL NOW [Click the button above]
WHY WE WORSHIP explores the questions (and answers) of "why do we do the things we do" when it comes to Christian worship.
We'll learn in a fresh way to understand why and how we worship.
A Discipleship Course for Musicians and Singers
This is a discipleship course designed specifically for worship ministry volunteers.
If you are a musician, singer, choir member, audio-video technician, pastor or worship leader serving in a church worship ministry - then this is for you!
But really, anyone with an interest in the subject will benefit.
What You Think Matters
This material focuses on understanding and developing the mindset and mentality that honors God wholeheartedly and overflows in everything we do. It is not about musical techniques nor ministry related systems.
This study is more about the "heart and head" of worship than the "hands" of ministry.
Purpose and Approach
The purpose of this study is to facilitate a transformative encounter with the presence God by exploring a broad overview of the major concepts of biblical worship. We'll examine:
- What does the Bible have to say about worship?
- What’s important to God in worship?
- What are His objectives and priorities?
- How can a deeper understanding of God’s intentions for worship lead to a more wholehearted response?
- More importantly, how can this change our lives, and help change the world?
How To Use The Class
This is a self-study, go at your own pace program. The video lessons are short, to the point and designed for on-line learning. Notes and outlines are also provided.
It would be especially fruitful for groups to go through at the same time, with individuals doing the lessons on their own time and then discussing the ideas together, perhaps at rehearsal or other gathering.
There is also a leaders edition for facilitating small group study.
How This Program Will Benefit You
If a worship ministry volunteer (musician, singer, etc.) goes through the Why We Worship discipleship course, takes these Biblical foundations to heart, and cooperates wholeheartedly with the Holy Spirit; then he or she will be a significantly more effective and impactful servant leader.
And he or she will also be a much happier person!
The Problem of Equipping Worship Volunteers
- Everybody has gaps in their understanding. That’s my story …
- More than a few worship musicians do not know the Bible very well.
- Biblical illiteracy is epidemic in the church. We live in a post-Christian culture that has been stripped of scriptural references that once were historical, common knowledge...
- Musicians and singers are a unique lot. They often have highly developed creative and intuitive sensibilities. Playing on a worship team, or singing in the choir can and should be a fun and awesome experience most of the time. But the attention and affirmation can be addictive, and we can get our needs met in unhealthy ways.
- On the other hand, there can be a lot of pressure to “produce”. And when relationships go sour, people can get burned out and bitter. There are too many former worship people out there who are now wrecks on the highway.
- Life is busy. People are overwhelmed and distracted. There is too much competition for their time and attention.
Feel The Pain ... To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Expected
If you’re part of a music team, then you are a leader - for better or for worse.
Ignorance is not bliss. And lots of bad stuff can happen when we don’t know why we do what we do.
These can be manifest as:
6) Burned out volunteers from serving with an unhealthy motivation.
What You Will Learn In This Course
WHY WE WORSHIP will encourage and inspire the participant by encountering the presence of God through an overview study of the Biblical foundations of worship.
- Worship as a worldview.
- The multi-dimensional nature of worship.
- What discipleship means.
- Why throughout history and to this very day, everybody worships all the time.
- The meta-narrative of God's story and why it is relevant today.
- Is there a right way and a wrong way to worship?
- Worship as a lifestyle.
- Three organizing scriptures every worshiper should know (and memorize!)
- Seven big ideas the Bible teaches about worship.
- Why worship is all about God.
- Why worship is Christo-centric.
- Why worship is Trinitarian.
- The role of the Holy Spirit. [Hint: He is alive and well and bigger than our boxes.]
- The actions and attitudes of Biblical worship.
- Why and how God is "into calendar".
- How in worship we remember the past and anticipate the future.
- The pathway from prayer into His presence.
- And much more (really!)
Why It Works
Specifically You Will Experience These Benefits:
- More intimate understanding of God’s heart
- More accurate knowledge of God’s ways
- Your love for Father, Son and Holy Spirit will grow.
- Hearts capacity for healthy relationship with the Lord will expand.
- Will be filled with more of the Holy Spirit.
- More sensitivity to the way the Spirit moves
- Lead with more authenticity
- Lead with more authority
- Lead with more anointing
- More unity amongst the team and leaders - all moving in the same direction
- More harmony amongst the team - all celebrating their unique roles, identity, gifting and calling
- Overflow with greater impact, engagement and ultimately, more kingdom effectiveness.
Be Transformed by the Renewing of Your Mind
No matter where you are in your spiritual journey, you will grow and mature and be blessed as you study Why We Worship. It will feed your soul, and you'll be a much better servant-leader through the process.
See What People Have Said About My Teaching
I just really loved it when Rob came and spoke at YWAM. I had no idea there was that much to worship and intercession! He showed us a lot of new things that we didn’t know, and it was really practical.
It was an amazing week. Rob’s workshop has changed us, and we have had so much growth from his teaching.
Rob’s worship seminar was great. He really helped our team to understand some of the theology of worship, but also to get beyond just the basics of performing and really get into worshiping in the Spirit and really hearing from God. It was a great thing for our team, we’re excited about what God’s gonna do, thanks to Rob’s teaching and his time spent with us. I recommend his ministry to anybody.
Since taking this course I’ve had a profound revelation of what it means to worship in the spirit and in truth, and not letting your feelings and emotions control you.
September 15 Update #4
Join The Facebook Group
How To Navigate The Course for Beta-Testers
1.1 Welcome! Overview & Why This Is Important
1.2 My Story: How Worship Changed My Life
2.1 Multidimensional Worship
2.2 Multi-Dimensional Quiz
3.1 What is Discipleship?
4.1 Overflow New
5.1 Everybody Worships All The Time
5.3 Worship Words & Definitions of Worship
7.5 Actions and Attitudes
Lovely initiative by the team!
Lovely initiative by the team!Read Less
AWESOME COURSE GREAT TEACHING, Thank you so much!!!
AWESOME COURSE GREAT TEACHING, Thank you so much!!!Read Less
I am the leader of our music ministry at our church in the North East of Melbourne. We have been looking for a worship ministry training course to do togethe...Read More
I am the leader of our music ministry at our church in the North East of Melbourne. We have been looking for a worship ministry training course to do together as a music team. Doing this course has been such a blessing and I have found every section to be very relevant and inspirational. Thank you for doing this, Rob!!!! PS, there was one video that I could not open.... I think it was the World view on Worshiping one.Read Less
Hey y'all... i just feel me really happy tohave this great experience with "WHY WE WORSHIP". I am studing more and more and I could see that this course make...Read More
Hey y'all... i just feel me really happy tohave this great experience with "WHY WE WORSHIP". I am studing more and more and I could see that this course makes the difference in our lives. Thanks so much to encourage me to grow up in worship more and more. May God bless You, Rob Stil. Your ministry and your family as well... Amen!Read Less
Rob's teaching is so practical, things we should all know as worshipers but don't! Great content, engaging style, very useful for all types worship leaders, ...Read More
Rob's teaching is so practical, things we should all know as worshipers but don't! Great content, engaging style, very useful for all types worship leaders, music directors and volunteers.Read Less
It is very well compact biblical teaching on worship. I am blessed. Thanks for this course.
It is very well compact biblical teaching on worship. I am blessed. Thanks for this course.Read Less
this was very informative cant wait to view more of your lectures.
this was very informative cant wait to view more of your lectures.Read Less
I'm a beta -tester, still getting used to the interface. But I like the course so far! Looking forward to more!
I'm a beta -tester, still getting used to the interface. But I like the course so far! Looking forward to more!Read Less
The course is enlightening and revealing. I'm glad I took it.
The course is enlightening and revealing. I'm glad I took it.Read Less
The content of the lecture is great, simple, and understandable. Thank you! I just wished the music used in the background could be different (more tunefu...Read More
The content of the lecture is great, simple, and understandable. Thank you! I just wished the music used in the background could be different (more tuneful, traditional) or no-music would be less distractive.Read Less
I enjoyed all of the parts of this course. It was informative and had foundational base in the Scriptures which is essential. I am a vocalist on a worship te...Read More
I enjoyed all of the parts of this course. It was informative and had foundational base in the Scriptures which is essential. I am a vocalist on a worship team and I found this course to be very motivating. I now want to dig deeper into some of the scriptures referenced so that I can put these concepts into practice not only during church services but also my everyday life. I don't want to be a Christian that is only present on Sundays. I want to truly be a light for Jesus.Read Less